Marine and Industrial Training Services are also accredited HIN providers under the BoatCode scheme that is operating in Western Australia.

That is to say, we are authorised by the Department of Planning and Infrastructure to affix Hull Identification Numbers to vessels that do not currently have them.

This is a relatively new innovation to help prevent boat theft, and is a legal requirement before boat ownership can be transferred. We can come to you to affix your HIN or you can bring your boat to us.

An explanation of the HIN number which will be affixed to the vessel is given in the diagram to the right and more information on the HIN number system and regulations can be found here.

What does it cost?
We adhere to the Department of Transport recommended fees. If we need to travel to your location, travel costs will also be incurred.
This service is available as required. We will need a copy of the current registration papers, proof of ownership of the boat, and photographic identification of the registered owner. Unregistered boats can also be accepted into the Boatcode scheme, prior to registration.
How do I get a HIN for my boat?

You can organise to have a HIN fitted to your boat through Marine and Industrial Training Services by contacting us using the details at the top of the page or by contacting us directly via email over the web using the contact us page on our web site.